Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"keep the bigger reward closely in mind"


Starting Is Easy- It’s Maintaining That’s Hard




http://quietpoet.blogspot.com/2009/01/hardest-thing.html




The poem gets to the same point that Chris is making. You need to be able to maintain and that is the hard part. 


For me, maintaining my running schedule is hard. I don't like to run early in the morning. My body doesn't like that. It is dark. It is cold (especially now as we get closer to winter). 


But I do it because it is necessary, because it is the time I can do it to handle the remaining priorities of my day.


Yesterday's sweat, lingering on my running shirt and shorts, takes over as it reminds me of what goodness comes from running. And when I run, the rest of the worries of the world don't matter. The run happens in an 'other' world.


What big reward do you have in mind?


How are you going to get there?






No comments:

Post a Comment