If you don't I think you should.
One way to find companies to target is via search on LinkedIn.
- Sign into LinkedIn
- Go to Companies under "More"
- Click on "more options" to expand the search options
- Put in your target subject matter or keywords
- Select the size of the company
- Select the checkbox to show if the company is hiring on LinkedIn
- Peruse the results, modify as necessary and repeat as necessary
In the additional search options, don't be afraid to click the "limit search to" option to only view your 1st and 2nd degree connections. Hey, this is supposed to be a target search right.
Another way is to review the local paper publication on Top Places to Work. The Boston Globe just published their listing. Search for a similar listing in your geographic area.
These listings are great. Not every company advertises or makes headlines. A whole lot of companies choose to fly 'under the radar' so to speak. Those that do really well end up getting picked up in this kind of a listing. They just might be a good place for you to target.