The agenda for this Friday's Hopkinton Networkers Group (HNG) meeting will be featured by speaker Patrick O'Connor. The facilitator for this week will be Bill Wilson. We will devote the first hour to the following agenda: Welcome, Landings, Announcements, New Member Intros, and Needs & Leads. Important Note: Please make a serious, concerted effort to arrive before 10:00 AM. We are going to start the meeting on time at 10:00 AM.
In the second hour, Patrick will talk about "Getting the Most Out of LinkedIn – How to Stand Out in Today’s Crowded, Multi-Media World."
Getting the Most Out of LinkedIn – How to Stand Out in Today’s Crowded, Multi-Media World
According to the latest metrics, LinkedIn has over 400 million members in over 200 countries and territories. How is anyone going to find you? You have to be creative and do more today to get noticed!
In this session we will:
* Define LinkedIn account types and the reasons to upgrade from a basic account
* Break out the main functions of your LinkedIn profile
* Cover tips and tricks to get the most impact out of your LinkedIn profile
* Discuss keyword placements tips to increase your "findability"
* Review the social media aspects of LinkedIn's service and how to best utilize these features
* Learn how to maintain your LinkedIn "brand" and keep its influence growing
Patrick O'Connor -- Social Media Strategist & PMI Central Mass Board Member
Patrick O’Connor is the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications for PMI Central Mass and currently mobilized with the Massachusetts Air National Guard. On the civilian side, Patrick recently worked for IBM, where he led an award-winning, global marketing team for IBM Electronic Support specializing in social media campaigns & customer education programs. His high-tech and military careers span over three decades. As a trained analyst and social media strategist, Patrick brings a unique combination of technology experience, military expertise and global team leadership success to bear on his many current endeavors.
Recap of HNG Meeting of July 8, 2016
Our 170th meeting had 25 people, this is 2 less than the previous meeting; three signed the New Member list. Vincent Rocheleau was our facilitator. There were four introduction speeches.
We had a speaker, Eric Ross, who talked about "Power Networking."
The presentation will give all attendees a thorough overview of the total person-to-person networking process.
Key Benefits of Attending – Attendees:
• Gained an understanding of the true purpose and value of networking
• Became exposed to key tools to be used in the process
• Learned how to start the “power” networking practice
• Understood how to effectively leverage existing contacts
• Learned key things never to do when networking
• Understood the different kinds of potential contacts
• Learned effective ways to outreach to networking referrals
• Learned ways to truly differentiate oneself
• Understood how to conduct a meeting with a networking contact
• Learned how to optimize the results of a networking meeting
• Understood how power networking can continue to generate new contacts
Schedule for HNG Meetings:
August 5, 2016 Bonnie Petrovich TBD
The networking group meets in Hopkinton, at St. John the Evangelist Church parish hall. The meeting occurs, from 10 to 12 noon, and will meet the first and third Friday of the month. The parish hall has a capacity for 250 people and there is plenty of parking spaces in the parking lot and on the street. Around the perimeter of the parish hall are rooms to allow us to have focused network groups or for any other purpose we need. We chose the first and third Friday to allow everyone to attend the Acton Networking Group or any other networking group, if they wanted, on the Friday we do not meet.
We will maintain our close affiliation with Acton Networkers by using the same list-server to share information between the groups. Any e-mails specific to the Hopkinton Networking Group (HNG) will be indicated in the subject line either by "Hopkinton Networking Group" or "HNG"; this way anyone attending these meetings will know the e-mail is intended for them.
We will follow the following agenda items:
* Landings (with doughnuts)
* New member introductions
* Needs and Leads
* Speaker(s), Workshop, or Focus Group
For those new members who give their introductions, this is what we would like to know:
* Skills and Value Statement
* Where have you been?
* Where are you going?
* Your title
* Your target companies
* Geography of search
* Name and e-mail address
If anyone wants to join our team, please let one of us know; we could always use the extra help and input for ideas.
Take Rt. 495 North/South and get off Exit 21A. Go through three traffic lights. CVS is on the right at the third traffic light. The first street after the third traffic light is Church Street, take a right turn. The church is on the right. Go around to the left of the parking lot and go into the side entrance of the parish hall.
Depending upon where you live, perhaps you may want to use Mapquest for a more direct route. The address of the church is:
St. John the Evangelist
20 Church Street
Hopkinton, MA 01748
Hopkinton Networkers Group (HNG) Coordinators:
Emilia Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org
Gil Krispien email@example.com
Ronaldo Lu firstname.lastname@example.org
Vincent Rocheleau email@example.com
Bill Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org